This delicious and super easy gluten-free cake recipe is the perfect way to celebrate special occasions while ensuring your health is at the forefront. Deliciously light and fluffy, our gluten-free cake recipe made using Miditer’s Organic Coconut Flour is the ideal treat for anyone who loves all things coconut.
- 2 cups of Miditer’s Organic Coconut Flour (53 grams; level measurement)
- 4 large eggs (198 grams)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (6 grams)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (56 grams; see notes)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (2 grams)
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract (16 grams)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (106 grams)
- 2 tablespoons water, as needed (22 grams)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF and lightly spray two 6-inch cake pans with oil. Press a square of parchment paper into the bottom of each pan, to make removing the cakes easier later. Alternatively, you can use one 8-inch cake pan for this recipe, instead.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the coconut flour, eggs, olive oil, baking powder, vanilla, maple syrup, salt, and water. Use a whisk to mix well, breaking up any clumps.
- 3. Pour the batter into the two prepared pans. Bake the two 6-inch pans for 25 minutes at 350ºF, or until the top looks lightly golden and the centre feels firm to a light touch. An 8-inch cake needs to bake for 30-35 minutes. Let the cake cool completely before removing it from the pan.
- 4. Once the cake is cool, you can frost it with your favourite topping. You'll get a 2-layer cake if you use the two 6-inch pans, or a single layer with the 8-inch pans.
- 5. This cake should be stored tightly covered in the fridge for up to 5 days, but keep in mind that it will start to dry out the longer you store it. Bring the cake to room temperature before serving again for the best flavour and texture.